The Episcopal campus contains a significant historic building, the Acosta House, built in the late 1800s or early 1900s. Purchased by St. Elmo W. Acosta in 1911, a Jacksonville businessman and City Council member. It then became part of the ESJ campus after the founding of the School. The Acosta House currently houses photography classes and studios. It's wide porch is used for numerous School events, including Commencement ceremonies.
Florence M. Sikes Mini-Theatre
A smaller fine arts performance venue, the "off-off Broadway" Sikes Theatre is located in the heart of campus. Named for Florence M. Sikes, a drama and theatre instructor for many years at Episcopal, the space allows for a more intimate setting for performances. The School is very grateful to Ms. Sikes for making such a significant planned gift to Episcopal that renovations of the theatre were possible. Students daily enjoy classes in the theatre, and the entire community benefits from the performances staged there.
Jane S. and W. Wilson Munnerlyn Center for Worship and Fine Arts
The Munnerlyn Center for Worship and Fine Arts opened in 2004, providing a multi-purpose space that includes the Munnerlyn stage, dance studios, music rooms, the Berg Gallery for rotating studio art displays, the Davis Chapel, and offices for fine arts faculty and staff. The Munnerlyn stage area provides a beautiful and professional setting for music, dance and theatre performances, including an 684 seat theatre.
Visual Arts and Ceramics
The visual arts studio and ceramics studio are located near the Acosta House and the sixth grade center. The studios provide plenty of space for creativity, large scale projects, and storage for students' work.