Episcopal's 56-acre campus includes the 28-acre estate that once belonged to the Packer-Cummings family, and was fondly known as the “Keystone Estate” after Mary Packer-Cumming’s native Pennsylvania estate. Upon her death in 1912, she willed the land to St. John’s Cathedral, which used the gracious gift by opening a boys’ home for needy children in 1921, not closing until 1953 as a result of financial complications. During that time, discussion within the church began regarding the establishment of an Episcopal high school which would “develop doers of good and leaders of men,” and educate students with a well-balanced curriculum of athletics, arts, and religion.
In time, Episcopal's campus has grown and evolved to meet the needs of faculty, staff and students. The Munnerlyn Center for Worship and Fine Arts, offers an 800 seat performing arts stage and auditorium. The Davis Chapel, Barnett Garden and Regan Plaza are quiet places for study, prayer or small groups. Episcopal's athletic facilities include two gymnasiums, aquatics center, tennis courts, a beautiful waterfront boat house, and numerous playing fields. The Buck Student Center, Bryan Library and other facilities all support the a multitude of ways Episcopal students are involved in school life. There are outstanding opportunities for knowledge and growth everywhere on campus.