Proust Questionnaire: Christopher Carney
Christopher Carney ‘19
Hometown: Jacksonville, FL
Interview by: Inés Eisenhour ’19
This interview has been modified and modeled after Vanity Fair’s Proust Questionnaire. The purpose of the questionnaire is to delve into the qualities that define an individual’s personality. My Thursday guest is none other than my very first friend at ESJ. We started in Mr. Rickey’s sixth grade class together and, hopefully, we will be friends for years to come. We share, among many other things, a fascination with global travel and culture. From ceramics to cooking, his sophistication, creativity and refined sense of humor never cease to amaze me.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Finding a successful job where I’m happy with what I’m doing.
- What is your most marked characteristic? My honesty.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement(s)? Overcoming self-consciousness.
- What is your greatest fear? Failure, and falling short of expectations.
- Which living person do you most admire? Ms. Herford!
- Who is your favorite hero of fiction? Jon Snow.
- Who are your heroes in real life? My parents.
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Overconfidence.
- What is it that you most dislike? People who cheat the system.
- What is your greatest extravagance? Definitely clothes.
- What is your favorite journey? Going to Amsterdam.
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Absolutely “ummmm…”.
- What is your greatest regret? Not being more open with people.
- What is your current state of mind? Stressed.
- When and where were you happiest? Riding bikes on the beach with my sister.
- If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? Being closer to my brother.
- What is your most treasured possession? My books.
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Completely forgetting you have an AP Bio test until the day before.
- Where would you like to live? Seattle or San Francisco .
- What is your favorite occupation? Successful industrial designer.
- What is the quality you most enjoy in a friend? Honesty.
- What is your favorite name? Owen.
- What is your motto? “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” – Oscar Wilde
Image courtesy of Abi Dannheim ’19.