Dear Parents of ESJ Students,
Please note - the deadline to apply for financial aid has been extended to midnight on Friday, January 18, 2019. Your completed financial aid application, along with required supporting documentation, must be submitted by this date. Failure to meet this deadline will prevent your application from being reviewed until April 2019, after financial aid awards for newly accepted students and families are completed. Your award could thus be affected due to limited availability of funds. Please act quickly to ensure that your application can be reviewed timely.
Each year Episcopal School of Jacksonville awards financial aid to academically qualified students whose finances would not permit them to attend Episcopal otherwise. To help evaluate the financial assistance a student might need, Episcopal utilizes School and Student Services by NAIS (SSS). All financial aid information is kept strictly confidential.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
- APPLY: Visit www.sssbynais.org to complete your Parents\' Financial Statement (PFS) online. Episcopal\'s SSS code number is 3037.
- In the case of separation or divorce, both parents must complete the Parent Financial Statement and upload the required tax documents per ESJ's Enrollment Policy for Separate Households (PDF).
- Families applying for more than one child need to complete only one application.
- Parents will submit a monthly income and expenses report to provide a more complete financial picture. This report will be submitted with the PFS.
- Returning ESJ families must submit an application each year to demonstrate continued financial need.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 18, 2019
- We cannot guarantee that funds will be available for families who submit applications and supporting tax documentation after this deadline.
- SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
- 2017 tax documents and most recent pay stub(s) or earnings statement(s) to be submitted online with the application.
- Families may be asked to submit additional 2017 financial information if there is a significant change to your financial situation.
- AWARD NOTIFICATION: February 8, 2019
- Your enrollment reservation deposit for 2019-20 is refundable if the financial aid award does not meet your family\'s need.
- The SSS website has online resources to assist parents in completing the application. If needed, families may also contact the SSS Helpline (800-344-8328).
- Please refer to our Financial Aid FAQ for additional information about Episcopal\'s Financial Aid program.
The amount of financial aid awarded each year is reflective of the needs of the students as well as the school\'s available funds. While we attempt to meet each qualified applicant's need, funds are limited. It is our hope that we can be of assistance to you.
If you wish to communicate with me personally concerning financial aid, please contact me at [email protected]. I look forward to working with you.
Marcus D. Wells
Director of Financial Aid and Student Transition