Middle School Recognitions Given in Chapel May 8
On Wednesday, May 8, academic, fine arts, and athletic recognitions were presented to Middle School students in Chapel, including eighth-grade Presidential Awards, Honors and Head of School lists, the Mary of Bethany Award, the Katharine K. Zambetti Christian Service Award, and The Great Oak Award of Distinction.
Mary of Bethany Award – 2018-2019 recipient – James Moorehead.
Katharine K. Zambetti Christian Service Award is awarded to a student whose activities on behalf of others are so outstanding as to warrant special recognition – 2018-2019 recipient – Cohen Chesser
The Great Oak Award of Distinction – Board of Trustees is presented to a Middle School girl and a Middle School boy who have made outstanding contributions to every aspect of school life: academics, athletics, fine arts, character, honor, and service.
2018 – 2019 Girl recipient – Kathryn Adams
2018 – 2019 Boy recipient – Benjamin Helton
Eighth Grade students who received a Certificate of Excellence in Upper School Math classes:
Honors Geometry – Kathryn Adams
Geometry – Charlotte Nolan, Sean Ramsey
Fine Arts Recognition – Quarter 3
- Chapel Tech – Myla Turner
- MS Choral Music– Kate Bryce Anderson, Max Moorehead
- MS Chorale for their work on the Spring Concert: A World Music Celebration!
- MS Concert Band– Diego Knowles, Matt Salek, Clara Swett
- Instrumental Music – Sarah Barringer, Ava Witt
- MS Dance
- 6th grade – Turner Glenn, Lillybelle Thoburn, Elisabeth Hostetler, and Tucker Chappell
- 7th grade – Tommy Brice, Erica Prockow, Maddie Young, and Declan McCarthy
- 8th – Ella Rhodin and Jame Mickler
- Middle School Drama for the Middle School Theatre Performance – “Our Story”
◦ MS Art– 2D Art – Ainsley Gray; 3D Art – Scott Busey
The President’s Education Awards Program was founded in 1983. Every year since then, the program has provided our nation’s elementary, middle and high schools with the opportunity to recognize graduating students who meet high standards of academic excellence (4.0 GPA) and those who have given their best effort, often overcoming obstacles to their learning.
Eighth Grade Presidential Awards 2018 – 2019
Natalie Do Amaral