Financial Aid Application Deadline for Returning Families
Dear Parents of ESJ Students,
Each year Episcopal School of Jacksonville awards financial aid to academically qualified students whose finances would not permit them to attend Episcopal otherwise. To help evaluate the financial assistance a student might need, Episcopal utilizes School and Student Services by NAIS (SSS). All financial aid information is kept strictly confidential.
The deadline to apply for financial aid in 2020-2021 is approaching quickly. Please note that completed applications, including all supporting financial documents, that are received after the deadline will not be reviewed by the financial aid committee until late March after the first round of new admissions decisions are made.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
- APPLY: Visit www.sssbynais.org to complete your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) online. Episcopal’s SSS code number is 3037.
- In the case of separation or divorce, both parents must complete the Parent Financial Statement and upload the required tax documents.
- Families applying for more than one child need to complete only one application.
- Parents will submit a monthly income and expenses report to provide a more complete financial picture. This report will be submitted with the PFS.
- Returning ESJ families must submit an application each year to demonstrate continued financial need.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 17, 2020
- We cannot guarantee that funds will be available for families who submit applications and supporting tax documentation after this deadline.
- SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
- 2018 tax documents and a most recent pay stub to be submitted online with the application.
- Families may be asked to submit additional 2018 and/or 2019 financial information if there is a significant change to your financial situation.
- AWARD NOTIFICATION: February 14, 2020
- Your enrollment reservation deposit for 2020-21 is refundable if the financial aid award does not meet your family’s need.
- The SSS website has online resources to assist parents in completing the application. If needed, families may also contact the SSS Helpline (800-344-8328).
- Please refer to our Financial Aid FAQ for additional information about Episcopal’s Financial Aid program.
The amount of financial aid awarded each year is reflective of the needs of the students as well as the school’s available funds. While we attempt to meet each qualified applicant’s need, funds are limited. It is our hope that we can be of assistance to you.
If you wish to communicate with me personally concerning financial aid, please contact me at [email protected]. I look forward to working with you.
Marcus D. Wells
Director of Financial Aid and Student Transition