Gov. DeSantis unveiled his "SAFE. SMART. STEP-BY-STEP PLAN" to reopen Florida to be effective on Monday, May 4. Key elements of the plan include the following:
- Schools remain distance (remote) learning
- Everyone should maximize physical distance from others while in public
- Avoid socializing in groups of more than 10 people in circumstances that do not "readily allow for physical distancing"
- Face masks are recommended for those in face-to-face interactions and where you can't social distance
Effective immediately Episcopal will put into effect the following guidelines for Campus access:
APPLIES TO ALL ON CAMPUS
- Personal hygiene is critical and must be practiced (washing hands, not touching face, face mask to protect others).
- While interacting with others face masks must be worn.
- Social distancing (6 feet) must be enforced at all times. In a few instances it may be slightly less.
- Campus will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
APPLIES TO STUDENTS & PARENTS
- Students & Parents, on an optional basis, may return on campus to retrieve materials. This assumes that individuals have no symptoms and are not at risk.
- May meet with faculty/staff for the purpose of year end close-out activities (i.e. retrieving materials, awards or work produced, cleaning out book and PE lockers, returning books/uniforms, donations)
- Specific dates and times for the above will be provided to students by the Dean of Student Life in the weekly student email.
APPLIES TO GUESTS
- Only invited guests to the school may be on campus.
- Security must be notified as to the purpose of the visit and where to report. Guests may include:
- Prospective families & students
- Contractors working on campus
- Employment related visits