Homecoming Dress Down Days for Middle and Upper School
We are thrilled about the week that we have planned for our school! Please see the following information about dress up days for the week.
For every dress up day:
- any shorts must be longer than fingertip length
- no full face masks
- no weapons or accessories that can be considered weapons
- outfits should not be distracting to the learning environment
- if you have a science lab you need to wear or bring shoes with enclosed toes
- sandals should have back straps
- spirit dress is allowed each day if you don’t have an outfit
Monday – Tie Dye Day
Put on your best version of the popular fashion trend tie dye; the more the better!
Tuesday – Outer Banks Day
Dress up as either a Kook or a Pogue —
- Kook: generally preppy attire think going to a country/yacht club
- Pogue: Beachy casual attire (shorts/dresses of school appropriate length
(Flip flops are allowed but only for today)
Wednesday – Decades’ Day
Show your school spirit by dressing up as your class decade:
- Seniors – 80’s (Trends: Bold colors, oversized clothes, big/permed hair, denim, patterns, high waisted jeans, neon, layered shirts, denim jackets…)
- Juniors – 70’s (Trends: bell bottoms, corduroy, lots of bold color and patterns…)
- Sophomores – 2000’s (Trends: jeans, leather jackets, dresses over jeans, denim skirt, hair clips, cargo pants, flat bill layered shirts, neutral and light washed colors…)
- Freshman – 90’s (Trends: “grunge”, platform shoes, leather pants, turtle necks, flared bottoms, hoop earrings, dark flannels, doc martens, bejeweled jeans…)
- Middle School – 60’s (Trends: “hippie,” paisley, loose comfortable clothing, earthy colors…)
- Faculty – 20’s (Trends: “flapper” bright colors with bright prints, 3-piece suit, midi skirts…)
**if you are having your yearbook photo taken or retaken on Wednesday, you must have a chapel shirt to wear.
Thursday – Duval Day
Show your Duval spirit and wear gear supporting Jacksonville — Jaguars, Jumbo Shrimp, Armada, Ice Men, Sharks, etc.
Friday – Spirit Dress
Normal Spirit Dress Guidelines — a great opportunity to wear your Homecoming Tee!
(Seniors can wear dress up for Halloween)