Ortega River Run 5-Mile Training Run
Ascension St. Vincent’s Ortega River Run
5-Mile Training Run
Saturday, January 9
St. Mark’s Campus
Join Chris McCafferey, an experienced runner with 1st Place Sports, as he guides runners through the course (start and end on the St. Mark’s Campus) for the Ascension St. Vincent’s Ortega River Run 5-mile race. Whether you are an experienced runner or have never run a 5-mile race before, but are interested in trying it out, this training run is for you!
During training, Chris will cover:
- Safety demonstration of new starting line procedures
- Dynamic warm-up stretches
- Each mile of the course and how to approach it
- Tips on simple race strategy
- Any questions participants might have
This event is free and open to everyone. You do not have to be registered for the race to join this training session.
We hope to see you for a great morning of motivation and running!