Smart Social: Upcoming Live Events on the Dangers of Social Media
Are you and your student ready for a crash course on the dangers of social media apps? Do you need in-depth walk-throughs of the most popular apps students are using?
Smart Social’s next round of live events starts Thursday, May 13, and the Winston Family Foundation has provided Episcopal with a grant that covers VIP (Very Informed Parent) access to all of Smart Social’s content. Because of this grant, you are able to register for a VIP account free of charge.
To receive directions on creating a free VIP account, email [email protected] requesting Smart Social VIP access, and the school will respond with directions.
- Family Kick Off Event: Get a cursory overview of TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, Netflix, Discord, Twitch, iPhones, Androids, and more.
May 13th @ 7PM Eastern
- Social Media Agreement Workshop: For Parents & Students: Working together to build healthy habits and everyone will leave with a custom agreement for their family!
May 20th @ 7PM Eastern
- Navigating Instagram: For Parents & Students
May 27th @ 7PM Eastern
- Navigating TikTok: For Parents & Students
June 3rd @ 7PM Eastern
- Navigating Snapchat: For Parents & Students
June 10th @ 7PM Eastern
- Navigating Fortnite, Overwatch, Call of Duty & Video Games: For Parents & Students
June 17th @ 7PM Eastern
- Navigating Roblox & Minecraft: For Parents & Students
June 24th @ 7PM Eastern
- Navigating LinkedIn: For Parents & Students: How students can shine online using this digital portfolio to start a resume for college
July 1st @ 7PM Eastern
Students are welcome, and encouraged, to attend these live presentations with their parents. We’ll give you tips on how to discuss the topics as a family each week.