Fine Arts at Episcopal are academically challenging and creatively stimulating. Our Fine Arts faculty and staff, all artists in their own right, joyfully share their respective wisdom, and create together with bright minds, nimble bodies and imaginative souls. In the classroom, students study the theory and history of art, music, dance and theatre. On the stage and in the studio, they create.
At Episcopal, participation in and exposure to the arts are an integral part of education, while expanding students’ horizons and encouraging tolerance and understanding of others. The school’s Fine Arts offerings allow students to explore, develop and share their passions and talents in a caring and spiritual community.
FINE ARTS HIGHLIGHTS
Episcopal fosters and celebrates our students’ creative talents both on and off campus through:
- Productions, concerts and performances throughout the year
- Student art shows curated in ESJ’s Berg Gallery
- Community performances throughout the year and on “Fine Arts Touring Days”
- National Art Honor Society community outreach efforts, including the VSA Festival at The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
- Songbird Project with performances in memory care facilities
- Tri-M Music Honor Society includes opportunities to travel locally and abroad with the chorus
- Annual Fine Arts trip for juniors and seniors (past cities have included New York City, Chicago, and Atlanta)
- Junior and International Thespian Society District and State Festivals
- National Honor Society of Dance
- Nine members of the 2021 graduating class pursuing fine arts degrees at nine different colleges and universities