Extended Day Director, Beaches Campus
Episcopal School of Jacksonville’s approach to our balanced education (academics, fine arts,
athletics and spiritual development) is sustained by the expectation of excellence in all areas of
campus life. The school works to develop “leaders and doers of good,” as was stated by its
Founders in 1966. The school is located on three campuses and serves students age one
through grade 12. Episcopal is a caring community with faculty who are outstanding in their field and
dedicated to a student-centered approach to education. Our students develop creative talents,
discover their passions, and deepen their faith and commitment to serving others while
engaging in the ever-evolving process of life-long learning.
The Episcopal School of Jacksonville is seeking applications for an Extended Day Director on
the Beaches Campus. The Extended Day Director will oversee the early morning care, Pre-K
Plus, and after-school care programs, and coordinate after-school activities.
● Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
● Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
● Demonstrate proficiency with relevant technology software.
● Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with faculty, students and parents.
The Extended Day Director will be on campus all school days, 10:00 am–6:00 pm, and will be
responsible for hiring and supervising Extended Day personnel. Duties include, but are not
• Appropriately staffing early morning care and after school care
•Serving alongside Pre-K teachers as a supervisor of Pre-K students between 1:00 pm
and 3:00 pm each day (Pre-K Plus program)
• Organizing a variety of after school activity sessions and instructors each trimester
• Communicating with Director of Marketing and Fundraising to promote after school
• Coordinating with the Business Office regarding billing
• Communicating with parents on a regular basis
• Purchasing supplies for after school Extended Day
Episcopal is committed to a school culture that is safe and positive for all its members.
We work intentionally to create a community composed of people who respect and
support each other. We recognize the value of diversity, and we actively seek to welcome
and include under-represented groups. Episcopal strongly supports professional
development and training opportunities for faculty and staff, ensuring that best practices
and innovative, learner-centered teaching methods are continually incorporated into our
pedagogy. The academic environment is achievement-oriented with a standard of
excellence. The school’s faculty display outstanding academic backgrounds, exceptional
character, and dedication to our approximately 1,200 students from age one through
grade 2 across three campuses. Episcopal does not discriminate on the basis of age,
gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability in its hiring
and employment practices. The above information is not a completely comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.