1-MILE FUN RUN – 8:00 AM
5-MILE RUN / WALK – 8:30 AM
Saturday, February 26, 2022
Both races start and finish at Episcopal School of Jacksonville, St. Mark's Campus
4114 Oxford Avenue – just off Ortega Boulevard
For the past 44 years, the St. Mark’s Campus has been home to the Ortega River Run. Hosted by First Place Sports as a Grand Prix sanctioned event, this is a great event for the whole family! Proceeds benefit the financial aid and scholarship program at the school.
$30.00 (Nov. 5 – Nov. 19)
$35.00 (Nov. 20 – Dec. 31)
$40.00 (Jan. 1 – Jan. 31)
$45.00 (Feb. 1 – Feb. 25)
$50.00 (Feb. 26 – Feb. 26)
$25.00 (Nov. 5 – Dec. 31)
$30.00 (Jan. 1 – Jan. 31)
$35.00 (Feb. 1 – Feb. 25)
$40.00 (Feb. 26 – Feb. 26)
2022 Race Committee
Race Route and Features
- Run the historic 43-year course over bridges and along tree-lined streets!
- Medals given to all registered 1-mile finishers and a collector medal to the first 2,000 5-mile finishers.
- Shirts for all one-mile and five-mile runners. You must pick up at designated locations prior to race day to guarantee shirt availability.
- Family-friendly street fair at start/finish with giveaways and special guests.
- Strollers welcome (must start at back of race).
Start: Both races start from the same location in front of the school on Ortega Boulevard. The 5-mile race will have 1,300+ runners and walkers participating and will begin in socially distanced wave starts. No children on the front line in the 5-mile race. Dogs are not permitted; strollers must be at the end of the race.
Finish: Both races finish in front of the school. The 5-mile race will be using My Laps Bib/Tag Champion Chip timing. Chips will be affixed to your race bib. You must cross timing mats at the start and finish for a net time.
COVID Statement: Due to COVID, race details will depend on the recommendation from the CDC, state, and city health officials. At this time, masks will be required before and after the race and social distancing guidelines will be in place. We will also offer a virtual option for those choosing not to attend in person.
Directions to the Race Site
- From the South: Take Highway 17 (Roosevelt Blvd.) north from I-295 five miles to Ortega Blvd., which is located one block north of Timuquana Rd., on the right. The school is about three miles on your left.
- From the North: Take Highway 17 (Roosevelt Blvd.) south from I-10 six miles. Turn left on Columbus Circle, turn right onto Baltic Street. Continue around Cortez Park – taking the third right onto Oxford Avenue.