THE 1- AND 5-MILE RACES HAVE REACHED CAPACITY. REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE FOR VIRTUAL ONLY.
1-MILE FUN RUN – 7:30 AM
5-MILE RUN / WALK – 8:00 AM*
Saturday, February 27, 2021
Both races start and finish at Episcopal School of Jacksonville, St. Mark's Campus
4114 Oxford Avenue – just off Ortega Boulevard
For the past 43 years, the St. Mark’s Campus has been home to the Ortega River Run. Hosted by First Place Sports as a Grand Prix sanctioned event, this is a great event for the whole family! Proceeds benefit the financial aid and scholarship program at the school.
*Virtual Option (5-mile): If you can't make it to the event, we have a virtual option. Once you have registered, run or walk 5 miles at any point between February 21 - 27 and simply email your time to [email protected]. If you have a GPS watch or a cell phone, take a picture of the distance and time and email it to [email protected]. Once 1st Place Sports receives your results via email, your shirt and medal will be mailed to you. If you run the race virtually and are in the Jacksonville area, your shirt and medal can be picked up at 1st Place Sports, 3931 Baymeadows Road.
$40 (2/1/21 - 2/26/21)
$50 on Race Day
$25 (1/1/21 - race day)
2021 Race Committee
Race Route and Features
- Run the historic 43-year course over bridges and along tree-lined streets!
- Medals given to all registered 1-mile finishers and a collector medal to the first 2,000 5-mile finishers.
- Shirts for all one-mile and five-mile runners. You must pick up at designated locations prior to race day to guarantee shirt availability.
- Family-friendly street fair at start/finish with giveaways and special guests.
- Strollers welcome (must start at back of race).
Start: Both races start from the same location in front of the school on Ortega Boulevard. The 5-mile race will have 1,300+ runners and walkers participating and will begin in socially distanced wave starts. No children on the front line in the 5-mile race. Dogs are not permitted; strollers must be at the end of the race.
Finish: Both races finish in front of the school. The 5-mile race will be using My Laps Bib/Tag Champion Chip timing. Chips will be affixed to your race bib. You must cross timing mats at the start and finish for a net time.
COVID Statement: Due to COVID, race details will depend on the recommendation from the CDC, state, and city health officials. At this time, masks will be required before and after the race and social distancing guidelines will be in place. We will also offer a virtual option for those choosing not to attend in person.
Directions to the Race Site
- From the South: Take Highway 17 (Roosevelt Blvd.) north from I-295 five miles to Ortega Blvd., which is located one block north of Timuquana Rd., on the right. The school is about three miles on your left.
- From the North: Take Highway 17 (Roosevelt Blvd.) south from I-10 six miles. Turn left on Columbus Circle, turn right onto Baltic Street. Continue around Cortez Park – taking the third right onto Oxford Avenue.
Photos and Videos
2021 ASCENSION ST. VINCENT’S
ORTEGA RIVER RUN
SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES
As we move closer to race day, the safety of everyone attending this year’s Ascension St. Vincent’s Ortega River Run events is extremely important. The Episcoapal School of Jacksonville’s administration and 1st Place Sports have been working together to ensure a fun and exciting event within a safe environment.
The following Social Distancing Guidelines will be in place before, during, and after the race. Please remember, a virtual race option is available for anyone who wants to participate on their own.
Wednesday and Thursday, February 24 & 25
- Registered runners will be encouraged to pick-up their race packets at a 1st Place Sports location.
Friday, February 26, 4:30 - 6:30 PM
- Spaghetti Dinner, Race Registration, and Packet Pick-up will be limited to 50 people at any given time in the Lori Schiavone Commons.
- Temperatures will be taken before entering campus. Masks and social distancing will be strictly enforced.
- Curbside pick-up for prepaid spaghetti dinners will be available.
Saturday, February 27 - Race Day!
- The one and five mile races will be started in waves.
- Ground markers will be used to encourage runners to line up socially distanced.
- To maximize social distancing, arrival times of no more than 30 minutes prior to race start time will be encouraged.
- Masks will be required at all times except when walking or running in the race.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available at the Sanitation Tent located on Baker Green.
- Participants and guests are encouraged to bring their own bottled water. Bottled water will be provided at two water stations on the five mile route and at the finish line.
- After completing the race, social distancing and face masks will be required.
- The race will not have an awards ceremony or post-race celebration.
- Volunteers distributing the race medals will wear gloves and masks.
- The street fair has been limited to only a few tents. Only individually pre-packaged food and drinks are permitted for distribution.
- There will not be a bounce house or any type of play equipment for children.
- Any participant, volunteer, or guest who feels ill or has any symptoms related to COVID is discouraged from attending packet pick-up or the race.
Contact Susan Kwartler
Director of Development, St. Mark’s Campus
[email protected] or 904.388.2632, ext. 407
A Pasta Dinner will be available for take-out during the packet pickup at Episcopal School of Jacksonville, St. Mark's Campus on Friday, February 26, from 4:30-6:30 PM. Cost is $8 per dinner and can be added to your race payment or you can pay at the door.
Chef Steve Bechan from The Florida Yacht Club will be preparing the pasta menu. Options include:
- Meat and Noodle Casserole
Beef and Italian sausage layered with cabernet marinara, Italian cheese blend, and spaghetti
- Vegetable Baked Ziti
Squash, mushrooms, spinach, seasoned ricotta, tomato sauce, penne pasta
- Noodles only (child-friendly)
Dinners will include salad and bread.
Curbside pickup will be available for pre-ordered dinners only.
Volunteer to help with the spaghetti dinner.
Race packets will be available for pick-up at the location designated on your registration form on Thursday (only), February 25 from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
1st Place Sports locations:
3931 Baymeadows Road, Jacksonville
2018 San Marco Boulevard, Jacksonville
9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jacksonville
All unclaimed packets at 1st Place Sports locations will be moved to Episcopal School of Jacksonville, St. Mark's Campus (the race site) for pick-up on either Friday, February 26 from 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM or on race morning from 6:30 AM until race start.
Registrants who wait until race morning to pick-up will not be guaranteed a t-shirt. All St. Mark's Campus students and employees who register by Friday, February 19 will receive shirts and race numbers at school by Thursday, February 25.
- 10 & under
- 75 & over
Parking is available on the street and in parking lots in Ortega Village (adjacent to the school) and some nearby parks. If you park on the street in the surrounding neighborhood, please do not block driveways or through traffic.