1-MILE FUN RUN – 7:30 AM
5-MILE RUN / WALK – 8:00 AM*
Saturday, February 27, 2021
Both races start and finish at Episcopal School of Jacksonville, St. Mark's Campus
4114 Oxford Avenue – just off Ortega Boulevard
For the past 43 years, the St. Mark’s Campus has been home to the Ascension St. Vincent's Ortega River Run. Hosted by First Place Sports as a Grand Prix sanctioned event, this is a great event for the whole family! Proceeds benefit the financial aid and scholarship program at the school.
*Virtual Option (5-mile): If you can’t make it to the event, we do have a virtual option. Once you have registered, just run or walk the 5 mile distance and send us your time (you can run/walk the distance any time and any where). If you have a GPS watch or a cell phone, take a picture of the distance and time and send to [email protected]. Otherwise just email us your time. Once we have your results, you can pick up your shirt and medal at 1st Place Sports, 3931 Baymeadows Road.
Race Route and Features
- Run the historic 43-year course over bridges and along tree-lined streets!
- Medals given to all registered 1-mile finishers and a collector medal to the first 2,000 5-mile finishers.
- Shirts for all one-mile and five-mile runners. You must pick up at designated locations prior to race day to guarantee shirt availability.
- Family-friendly street fair at start/finish with giveaways and special guests.
- Strollers welcome (must start at back of race).
Start: Both races start from the same location in front of the school on Ortega Boulevard. The 5-mile race will have 1,300+ runners and walkers participating and will begin in socially distanced wave starts. No children on the front line in the 5-mile race. Dogs are not permitted; strollers must be at the end of the race.
Finish: Both races finish in front of the school. The 5-mile race will be using My Laps Bib/Tag Champion Chip timing. Chips will be affixed to your race bib. You must cross timing mats at the start and finish for a net time.
COVID Statement: Due to COVID, race details will depend on the recommendation from the CDC, state, and city health officials. At this time, masks will be required before and after the race and social distancing guidelines will be in place. We will also offer a virtual option for those choosing not to attend in person.
Directions to the Race Site
- From the South: Take Highway 17 (Roosevelt Blvd.) north from I-295 five miles to Ortega Blvd., which is located one block north of Timuquana Rd., on the right. The school is about three miles on your left.
- From the North: Take Highway 17 (Roosevelt Blvd.) south from I-10 six miles. Turn left on Columbus Circle, turn right onto Baltic Street. Continue around Cortez Park – taking the third right onto Oxford Avenue.
Photos and Videos
A Spaghetti Dinner will be available for take-out during the packet pickup at Episcopal School of Jacksonville, St. Mark's Campus on Friday, February 26, from 4:30-6:30 PM. Cost is $8 per dinner and can be added to your race payment or you can pay at the door. Dinner includes spaghetti casserole, salad, and garlic bread.
Race packets will be available for pick-up at the location designated on your registration form on Thursday (only), February 25 from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
1st Place Sports locations:
3931 Baymeadows Road, Jacksonville
2018 San Marco Boulevard, Jacksonville
9823 Tapestry Park Circle, Jacksonville
All unclaimed packets at 1st Place Sports locations will be moved to Episcopal School of Jacksonville, St. Mark's Campus (the race site) for pick-up on either Friday, February 26 from 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM or on race morning from 6:30 AM until race start.
Registrants who wait until race morning to pick-up will not be guaranteed a t-shirt. All St. Mark's Campus students and employees who register by Friday, February 19 will receive shirts and race numbers at school by Thursday, February 25.
- 10 & under
- 75 & over