Episcopal Partners with University Select
Episcopal School of Jacksonville has partnered with University Select to offer a test-prep solution we believe will be valuable for you and your college-bound student. Your student may have participated in a University Select test-prep course after school; however, in the coming school years, Episcopal will be working directly with University Select to offer test prep as part of the normal school day, in order to help students manage their time more effectively.
Sign-up for Summer Courses
Episcopal is offering University Select as part of its 2019 summer programs. Two separate sessions will be offered, at a lower price and in a shorter time frame, than the school-year test prep class.
- An ACT prep-course will be offered for grades 10-12, on July 8 through July 12, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. - 2.30 p.m. The cost is $350. This 25-hour course will lead up to the July 13 ACT.
- An SAT prep-course will be offered for grades 10-12, July 29 - August 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. - 2.00 p.m. for a cost of $350. This 25-hour course will lead up to the August 24 SAT.
Register for these summer course offerings using the button below.
About University Select
University Select’s unique approach to efficient test preparation utilizes a proprietary program to capitalize on individual test-taking patterns to maximize score gains.
- Significant Score Gains - Average score gains = 90 points on the SAT & 2 composite points on the ACT for students in University Select courses in 2018-19. Average score gains = 170 points on the SAT & 3-4 points on the ACT for students completing University Select’s recommended program (course + short follow up series of one-on-one tutoring).
- Qualified Team – University Select Tutors are highly qualified in the traditional sense with graduate degrees and teaching experience. But they are also highly successful professionals in other careers, working with University Select because they love to teach, and they believe that University Select has the tools to make a difference across a wide range of students.
- Data Analysis & Teaching – University Select uses data to simplify the test prep process by identifying a handful of questions that represent efficient score gains for each student. University Select instructors evolve with the SAT and ACT, tracking trends in recently administered tests and amending strategies appropriately. All teaching methods must meet the standard that they can be applied easily, consistently, and under duress.
We hope you will find this information useful and these offerings helpful as your student continues the college application and search process.
Visit the University Select website at www.univselect.com for more information.
“Our four children have worked with University Select, and we are thrilled with the results. Each child worked with a different University Select tutor, and they all received high quality, customized instruction. University Select's methods helped to bridge the gap between what they had learned in the classroom and what is asked on the test. The data and diagnostics, used by University Select to determine which types of questions a student needs to focus on, was very helpful for our children. University Select knows and understands the test -- they aren't just teaching tricks or reteaching broad content. They have a very effective new system that worked really well for each child in our family!”
- Andree King (Parent to three 2019 ESJ graduates)
“I worked with one of University Select’s tutors during my junior year. Using data analysis of my sophomore year PSAT, I was able to focus on the question types that would represent the biggest score gains. I felt thoroughly prepared, and the methods I learned enabled me to perform at my best."
- Connor Murphy, National Merit Finalist (ESJ 2019 graduate)
"University Select was a game changer for us. Gaining entrance to universities was a stressful process and the standardized test taking seemed an insurmountable challenge - one which was overwhelming to our son who struggled with test taking. Hearing the phrase, “If you could just get your SAT or ACT test scores up” became familiar and daunting. That all changed with University Select that presented a process which enabled our son to zero in on the content and process to most effectively and efficiently impact his score gains. Plus, he respected and liked his tutors and saw instant value in his learnings, not only for the standardized test but in his every day school as well. His confidence improved and his test scores climbed. In the end, he received acceptance to three major universities that at one time seemed impossible. We are forever grateful!"
- Ann & Rich Thompson (Parents to 2019 ESJ graduate)
"Both Bond and Ben worked with University Select - first in University Select Boot Camps, and then in their 1on1 program. These guys do smart prep. They use data insights to understand where points are being lost, and they have great strategies for almost every aspect of the tests. Both boys felt that their work with University Select was a key factor in achieving their test scores whether it be the SAT or ACT. We highly recommend them!"
- Ellen and John Magevney (Parents to 2019 & 2020 ESJ graduates)
"I took University Select's ESJ SAT prep course my junior year. I was initially skeptical that I could get help in a course format. But University Select analyzed each student's diagnostic results through their platform and gave really specific strategies that were tailored to me. The teachers were great at delivering the material. My score went up significantly, and I was admitted to my top choice institutions. This is a great program - not your average test prep!"
- Lindsay Poulos (ESJ 2018 graduate)
DR. ASHLEIGH BARNES, FOUNDER, UNIVERSITY SELECT
Dr. Ashleigh Barnes holds a B.A. from Stetson, a J.D. from UF, an LL.M. from Leiden University and a Ph.D. in International Law from the Australian National University.
Dr. Barnes has a passion for innovative methods in teaching and a commitment to bolstering selfconfidence in the learning process. Through innumerable white board sessions, large data sets, and hundreds of hours of tutoring, she and Jonathan have attempted to convert that passion into a program that is sophisticated, yet simple – empowering, regardless of a student’s score baseline.
Dr. Barnes has been a law professor, teaching Criminal Law and International Law at the Australian National University, Jindal Global Law School (a globally oriented law school in Delhi, India), and at Florida Coastal School of Law, where she was a Visiting Professor. Ashleigh currently teaches courses at the University of Florida Levin College of Law, including What Every Lawyer Should Know About Business and International Rights of the Child.
JONATHAN ANDREW, FOUNDER, UNIVERSITY SELECT
Jonathan Andrew holds degrees from Harvard College and Harvard Law School. Together with Dr. Ashleigh Barnes, Jonathan developed the fundamental parameters of a data-driven teaching method that upends much of the received wisdom in the standardized test prep industry.
Jonathan graduated from Harvard University with a degree in Biological Sciences after which he worked at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. Jonathan’s interest in the social drivers of disease led him to law school. From 2008 – 2014, Jonathan was a law professor in Australia, India, and U.S. with research focuses in Constitutional Law and Law & Development.